The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) evaluates advanced-level English language competence of adult nonnative speakers of English. The MELAB is intended for:
- Students applying to American, Canadian, British, and other educational institutions where the language of instruction is English;
- Professionals who need English for work or training purposes;
- Anyone interested in obtaining a general assessment of their English language proficiency for educational or employment opportunities.
The MELAB is a secure test battery and is administered only by authorized official examiners. Many educational institutions in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and other countries accept the MELAB as an alternative to the TOEFL.
Canadian Organizations that Accept MELAB
- The term "organizations" includes universities, colleges, and professional regulatory associations (for example: ICCRC, TESL Ontario).
- The Canadian list includes the English language requirements and contact information for each institution. The Melab Canadian Recognizing Organizations list is available online.
- To find MELAB-accepting institutions in the United States and other countries, go to the CaMLA Website.
- It is your responsibility to check English proficiency requirements for your specific program