IELTS Test Day
Test Day Schedule
8:00 am - Doors open
8:00 am - 8:30 am - Candidates arrive
- Washroom used before check-in
- Personal belongings left at coat-check
- Candidates’ photos and finger-scans taken
9:00 am - Doors closed (Latecomers not admitted)
9:00 am - Test begins
1:00 pm - Test ends
Candidates collect belongings and leave
TEST DAY, 1:20 pm - 9:20 pm - Same day speaking tests (times assigned individually)
NEXT DAY, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm - Next day speaking tests (times assigned individually)
Test Day Information
Items you must bring with you to the test:
- Passport or Permanent Resident card (or approved refugee documents).
- Be sure to bring the piece of ID you used when registering for the test. If you do not have the ID you registered with, you will not be able to write the test.
Items permitted in the test room:
- Water in a clear plastic bottle with no label
- Reading glasses, if needed (but no case)
Items prohibited in the test room:
- Do not bring any valuables to your exam. English Testing Canada is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of personal belongings on test day.
- Please do not wear any scented products like cologne or perfume, as many test-takers and staff are allergic.
- Not permitted in the test room:
- Cell phones and other electronic devices. All cell phones and other electronic devices (iPod, MP3 player, laptop computer, smart-watch...) will be collected for the duration of the exam.
- Personal pens and pencils.
- Coats, purses, bags, backpacks, cases, hats, scarves, gloves, etc., must be left at the Coat Check. You will not have access to your belongings until after the test.
- Watches of any kind: smart-watches, analog or digital.
Items that will be provided in the test room:
- Pencils, erasers, and pencil sharpeners
The Listening Test portion of IELTS is played via speakers located throughout the testing room. Individual headphones are not provided.