Jobs at ETC
English Testing Canada strives to hire people who represent the linguistic and cultural diversity of our candidates. We also welcome applications from Indigenous Canadians, and from people of all genders, religions, and nationalities. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and have fluency in English.
We mostly hire from August through November, as our busy season runs from January through April, and most positions require training and/or certification. If you are interested in joining the ETC team, we frequently hire invigilators and clerical markers on a part-time basis, and welcome applications.
If you send an application, please include a resume with a cover letter as email attachments, preferably in Word or PDF. Strong applicants will display good written communication skills in their applications, as well as a willingness to work on weekends. We look for staff who are friendly, alert, and observant, and who have enthusiasm for working as a team in a progressive setting.
Please DO NOT include marital status or age in your application, and feel free to seek advice from agencies such as the YMCA and local Newcomer Centres regarding resumes and job interview skills.
Job queries can be sent to: email@example.com
- IELTS Examiners (hiring round 2017c) - Deadline: CLOSED
1. IELTS Examiners (hiring round 2017c) - Deadline: CLOSED
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Examiners. IELTS Examiners are responsible for conducting speaking tests to IELTS standards. Most speaking examining shifts are Saturday afternoons and evenings, with occasional Sunday and Thursday work available.
We are currently accepting applications for examiners in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Sault Ste Marie, and Windsor. Please indicate your city with your application.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages(TESOL) or recognized equivalent as part of a recognized university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
Our mission is to provide fair tests in a friendly and progressive setting. We believe everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Tests are open to everyone and scored without bias. Many of our staff are multilingual, and our goal is to have our staff reflect the diversity of our candidates.
We are looking for staff who want to help us further this philosophy, and who wish to work in a collegial environment where teamwork and respect are valued. We are pleased to offer examiner training at no cost to applicants.
For more information on the Minimum Professional Requirements and to obtain an application form, please send an email with the subject line “IELTS Examiner Job Posting” to -----------------. For other inquiries, please contact Austen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Testing Canada welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully participate in the application process, please let us know.